RE: Re: O2 Hoster down ?

Load balanced DNS is a good way to go, although ultimatly you will still
then have problems with ISP's not obeying the RFC's regarding dns
caching and obeying TTL times.

This was where my point came in regarding 2 servers in the same physical
location, as they can capture each other's ip address via something like
heartbeat and avoid potential outside issues like that.

It all really comes down to how critical the system is, and how much
resources are accordingly thrown at it.

Regards,

Tony Lucas
Chief Executive Officer