RE: Junk Phone Calls WAS: Asterisk progress

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Junk Phone Calls WAS: Asterisk progress
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 19:18:53 +0100

I dont like the idea of doing that.

Cable companies were the first to offer anonymous call rejection but it can
be potentially dangerous.

There have been several times when we have had to call the doctor "Out
of
Hours". The call goes through to a call center who then arrange for
the
doctor to call you back.

EVERYTIME the doctor has called us the number has been withheld. If we had
got Anonymous Call Rejection setup then the doctor would have been unable
contact us. That could be a potentially life threatening situation.

Just my personal opinion of course.

It is also possible for companies to have a "Presentation" number
sent out
instead of the true number. BT has an 0800 number that gets displayed when
they call you. Anyone ringing back to it doesnt get charged but does get a
message saying that "BT tried to contact you and will call back if it
important" or words to that effect.

In my experience, Double Glazing companies dont withhold the number. I was
waiting for a call from my boss one day and knew it would come from an
01603
4xxxxx number because of where he was but I didnt know  what the exact
number would be. The phone rang but I didnt get there in time, looked at
Caller Display... 01603 4xxxxx so I rang back. "Everest Double
Glazing..."
BOLLOCKS !!!!!

Its bad enough when they ring you but for ME to pay for the privilige was
even worse.

Picking up on Mark's earlier message....

I once received a call offering to install 6 windows for only ?1495 ( it
was
several years ago ).

I asked if they made good the plasterwork afterward.... "Yes Sir"

I then asked if I had a choice where they cut the holes for the other two
windows as I only have 4 windows .... CLUNK. They hung up on me.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv