Re: Re: Asterisk progress

>So what is the fundamental issue with interoperability between your

I can't register, my firwall doesn;'t like FWD.. maybe they are doing
wierd stuff...

>proxy and FWD? I still don't really understand what FWD brings to the
>party beyond what is effectively address translation (and an
>unhealthy pseudo-monopoly on voip "phone numbers"). The call
still

Yes, that's all it brings, but since getting started can becoe costly quite
quickly it's a simple and cheap way for people to test and get up and
running
straight away. I would suspect as time passes firewalls will have SIP as
standard and it wont be an issue...

>has to be set up between the two parties using SIP doesn't it? Does
>it boil down to not being able to a phone not being to be registered
>to two proxies concurrently?

No, the snoms can be registered with up to 7 proxies at once so they
are not the issue...

Andy