Re: Asterisk progress

>We use iptables and can also have another Linux server with unfiltered
>traffic for SIP. I assume the SIP proxy is the Asterisk server. We have
13

You will need to run other software as the proxy, * is effectively a user
agent. There are a number of free ones available partysip http://www.partysip.org
and ser http://www.iptel.org/ser/
are two that I know of. Both of these
are free (you gotta love the linux crowd!).

>static IP addresses to use so there shouldn't be any shortage of IPv4
>addresses.

That makes life a lot easier...

>We also have a block of static IPv6 address allocated but
>haven't found much use for them yet. With the staggering number of IPv6
>addresses that we have been allocated (18,446,744,073,709,551,616!), we
>can assign a static IP address to almost every object in the whole
town!

ROFLMAO! Surely thats more than 1000 per person on the entire planet
(if not more... in fact it must be more, lots more!)

Andy