Asterisk progress

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Asterisk progress
  • From: "UKHA" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 14:05:43 +0200

Hi folks,

I just thought I'd let you know how I'm getting on with * since I last
posted about it. Currently I have the following features working in a SIP
<-> SIP environment.

Ring multiple devices at the same time or ring 1 device and if no answer
ring another, if still no answer go to voicemail
Ring, on no answer or busy divert to Voicemail
Call parking and retrival
Call pickup
Call transfers
Speaking clock (snigger)
TTS (Festival - not actually worth it, dire to say the least)
Voicemail notification on phones and via email (email attaches message if
required)
Short dialing (I can dial FWD users with 8<fwd number> and it dials
<fwd number>)

I'm going to start looking at queueing (sp) calls next. I haven't tried any
PSTN <-> SIP stuff as I don't have access to any hardware like that.
I am thinking about either a single FXO card or probably (preferably) a
mini gateway device (1 fxo, 2fxs is fine) simply because of the location of
sockets in the house would make it easier to use something like that. atm I
can't really afford anything like that - 306 quid is a lot (VOIP-EL400 -
providing it can use SIP) when you are unemployed..

I'm using a mixture of softphones on PC's (3 x sjphone - seems to work best
for me) and hardphones (2 x Snom 100's).

Li, if you're interested it just getting it up and running for a test lab
let me know, I'll be glad to help, Sadly I wont be at UKHA2003 (which would
have been a good place to chat about it). If you have a sip phone set up
(not using FWD!) you can call me at andy@xxxxxxx, (if you have a FWD
account I can call you).

Andy