RE: Center Speakers was: Tosh RPTV

Bear in mind that although the speakers I'm using are a rag tag group of
speakers I've accumulated over the years, so to someone spending a
bucketload on speakers will sound naff, I'm coming from simple stereo
provided by in TV speakers on an old rented Phillips thing (that rattled
like buggery) so to me, they sound amazing :-)

The two large speakers I'm using for the front L&R are probably 25+
years old. They were my Grandma's and I remember them being in her house
as far back as I can go. Looking at the speaker cones, they may be on
their last legs as they look a little moth eaten.

The back L&R are Technics from my parents old stereo, they look pretty
cool too. Apart from the squashed Moth on the speaker cover, they are in
A1 condition.

The thing I'm using as a center speaker is from on old JVC stereo that
my wife used at Uni.

So not exactly matching you might say :-)

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 16:37, Nick Tyson - The Edge wrote:
> Having three identical speakers is fine, in fact ideal. As you rightly
say,
> what you want is for the sound to move seamlessly from speaker to
speaker
> without noticing any changes to tonal quality. The reason most centre
> speaker are a different design is so that they'll sit on top of the
telly
> without looking too cumbersome.

<snip>

--
Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>

On a child's superman costume: "Wearing of this garment does not
enable you to fly."