Re: TV Cards

Darryl Mattocks wrote:

> Can't answer your question about Tivo's I'm afraid, but you say the
NovaT is
> working ... do you mean it displays a picture of sorts, or does it
look
> indistinguishable from a normal TV?

The picture quality is good when I'm not experiencing digital artefacts
(blockiness or freezes from poor signal), but these occur far too often.
This is attached to a good aerial and the console tells me signal strength
is good, so I don't know why I get a lot of these artefacts - it may be to
do with interrupt issues disrupting the stream.

It's hard to say whether it's indistinguishable from a normal TV - I'm
using
an old 15" LCD, so the image is nothing like a CRT TV. I wouldn't like
say it's better or worse, but it looks pretty good when it's not breaking
up. My problems now are not so much with the quality as with the interface
(there is nothing remotely friendly for linux at the moment) and boring
stuff like permissions and getting the audio consistently synced to the
video. It's just a learning curve - should get there in the end.

Cheers,

Bruno