ANNOUNCE: First release of DigiTivo - a DigiGuide add-in for Tivo

  • To: <UKHA_TiVo@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ANNOUNCE: First release of DigiTivo - a DigiGuide add-in for Tivo
  • From: "John Risby" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 14:20:50 +0100

hi all,

just to let you know i've just released the first version of DigiTivo, a
free DigiGuide add-in which lets you change the channel on the Tivo from
DigiGuide.

it's basically just something i knocked up yesterday based on some old
code i was playing with before i got my Turbonet card.

it simply adds a menu item - "Turn to this channel" - to the
right-hand
menu you get when you click on a programme or a channel. the code simply
passes an HTTP request to TivoWeb to change the channel using sendkeys.

i literally wrote this last night and it's only been tested on my system
(tivo with sky digital).

i guess most of us don't change channels on live tv very often, but i
hope it might come in useful to somebody.

it can be downloaded from www.digitivo.wildjelly.com

no fancy installation routine but hey, it's a 23k download, what do you
want :)

regards
john