RE: UKHA 2003 Internet Connection

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: UKHA 2003 Internet Connection
  • From: "Gerard McGovern" <stuff@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 08:46:02 +0100

> > Currently Three don't provide a pure data service, so that's
not=20
> > really possible.
>=20
> They don't?  I would have thought that would be a main=20
> selling point - high=20
> speed mobile internet access.

They are about to release details of it. I think it's a case of they do
have a web browser built into the phones and provide an awful lot of
content, all of which can be chargeable. Once you have open Net access
you don't have to use three's content.

> I know they're trying to flog the whole video phone idea, but=20
> it didn't work=20
> with land lines, so why should it work with mobiles?

I don't think it worked with landlines because of the costs involved and
the crapiness of it. From memory, the BT videophone was =A3900 and that
was back in 1990.

Now I have a device that cost =A3200, gives me video on the move and my
tariff gives me 100 minutes of video calls per month.