RE: Re: UKHA 2003 Internet Connection

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: UKHA 2003 Internet Connection
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 21:28:49 +0100

BTInternet Anytime used to work on any line as long as you released a CLI.

Hemel Hempstead Jarvis released CLI but I didnt have my laptop with me to
try it properly but I successfully dialed the number and got the modem
tones.

My old anytime account is still active until 23rd May and I have 200 unused
hours so we could use that provided the hotel are only going to charge us
for the call setup when we get the chop every couple of hours.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv

wrote:
> > > I have finally got news back from the hotel about the cost
of
> the phone
> > > calls (we need internet connection for some of the demos)
and it
> is not
> > > good news. 30p per minute!
> >
> > Thought Keith had established it there was only a small
connection
> charge if
> > we use a free phone number?
> >
> Correct, hence my question about availability of a free number.
> However all fixed rate ISPs I know of require CID info to ensure
> that the service is being called from the correct number. Even if we
> set up a new contract on the day, I seriously doubt that a call out
> from the room would carry any caller ID. Certainly when I dial home
> from a hotel it usually comes up as number witheld or similar, just
> like when dialling out through a company switchboard.
>
> The same problem is likely to rule out call back, but I will check
> with the hotel and see if we can get a DDI number for the room.
>
> Graham

> Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You
> Thirty Dollars for Trying!
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/KXUxcA/fNtFAA/uetFAA/IBOolB/TM
>
> ** UKHA2003 BE THERE! Details here:
> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article.php3?story_id=1110