RE: Alarm Sensors - building into double glazed units

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Alarm Sensors - building into double glazed units
  • From: "Mick Furlong" <hiltoneltd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 01:52:15 +0100

Hi Des

lots of questions.....

what kind of windows are these (sash,side openers etc)?

I thought the magnets would need to go on the moving part of the window not
the static?

In my case the windows will have a very shallow channel (estimate 3-5mm) in
both the frame and the window, however these are offset so the inner edge
of
the window channel is in line with the outer edge of the frame channel. I
dont have a problem with drilling the frame but dont really want to hack
the
windows about.

I assume you are using the the flush mount circular contacts from screwfix
do you have any measurements (diameter and depth)? Any ideas on the
distance
these will actuate over?...in my case they will probably be mounted so the
edges of the circles just touch when the windows are closed.

As the non wired part of these is just a magnet how about using some of
that
sticky backed magnetised strip stuff? I seem to recall it being used for
holding secondary glazing in place. Does that seem possible?

Cheers
Mick