RE: PABX's was Re: Voice Over IP

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: PABX's was Re: Voice Over IP
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 23:26:31 +0100

Its normally only modern digital PBX's that can pass CLI to the
systemphones.

The London range has been around since the mid 80's which I believe is
before CLI was introduces so I doubt that any of them support it at all.
The
London systems were designed as very low cost systems for small businesses
with a lot of the larger London systems such as the 128 ending up in hotels
where they didnt need flashy phones, just a means of making and recieving
calls.... and the all important .. charging an arm and 2 legs for the
providing that facility ( I couldnt work out how to spell privilidge .. if
have spelt it right it still looks wrong to me !)

This thread has just made me realise how long it is since I was a telephone
engineer. When I moved to Martlesham and started playing on the internet
the
Inspiration range hadnt even been launched and now they are appearing
secondhand. I have also realised that my Pentara Plus has been installed
for
about 7 years !!!

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk