InfraX with Bluetooth support - new version is under way..please help me with your feedback

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: InfraX with Bluetooth support - new version is under way..please help me with your feedback
  • From: "Dan" <dtoma@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:30:59 +0300

Hi all,

It seems that my little boy is quite enough to let me return to the InfraX
development... so now I need the help of those that have an Ericsson
T68/39/R520 with Bluetooth.
If you have tried the latest version of Dante's InfraX Manager I really
need
your feedback.

A new version (1.6.1) is under way with some new and interesting features.
- finally a new web interface with all the new functionalities included...
It is a CGI script which can be included in your own web page as a separate
frame...then control all the possible output events from there.. ( a
customizable graphical web interface is under way.. then you will be able
emulate an universal remote control for all the defined output devices)
- you can select 10 separate devices (with names) to control from the
Ericsson phone keyboard. You can switch between them using "*"
key.. In that
way you will have 10 times more available commands than with the number of
phone keys....Practically you can now command all your devices from home
using a single Bluetooth enabled Ericsson phone. All the commands feedback
is displayed on the phone display
- mouse events as output device
- Housekeeping function - delete orphaned events
- can play WAV and MP3 files inside application as output events (not in an
external player)
- you can now import and export X10 devices, application  definition and
monitored events too
- new winamp commands... read next/prev melody in the playlist + read prev
10, next 10, without changing the play status
- application can be minimized in tray, with status icon (monitoring,
Bluetooth. etc)
- faster application startup

A lot of new features are under development...including xAP, video
surveillance, e-mail, SIP, scheduler plugins and support for external
plugins...
A log file with all the received and/or triggered events will be available
inside application or from the web page.
You will be able then to write your own input or output plugin which will
be
available in the framework in the same way as the internal ones (including
>from

Do not forget... the whole application including all the plugins is less
than 700Ko ....and more....it is and will remain FREE.

Best regards,
Dan

P.S. For the ones new to the list, those are the locations:
http://www.laser.com/dante
http://patrick.lidstone.net/tdanro
http://www.geocities.com/tdanro
Again many thanks to Kwong Li (from Laser) and Patrick Lidstone for hosting
my site