RE: Autom8it nolonger free?

Errm, Id just like to point out you are comparing $ prices with =A3
prices.=
.

Homeseer =3D 149 USD is 93.44 gbp  ( http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi
)
autom8it =3D 60 gbp

diference being 33 quid...=20

the media player plugin isn;t required as (I think it was) Paul
Gordon who wrote a script to do this...=20

Andy

On 29/04/2003 at 22:53 Dean Smith wrote:

>I'm personally a HomeSeer user. But that is now $150 for a 1.6 licence
and
>$xx for additional plug-ins. e.g.
>
>Official HomeSeer Media Player plug-in =3D Price: $29.95
>3rd Party plug-in for Messenger/Outlook etc are now between $20 and $30
>each.
>
>It all starts to add-up for new users. Almost all plug-ins need some
>additional scripting to actually leverage their full potential.
>
>My fear is that people who buy $200 S/W are less likely to accept the
>additonal effort required to make it work and then contribute stuff
back
>in.
>HomeSeer (and I assume AutoM8it) offer little (imho) as raw X10
scheduling
>interfaces. They only come alive when *all* your harwdare/software can
>interact.
>
>Deano

HA,
>and as it was free it meant no investment...
>>
>> disappointed of Holland,
>
>No longer free? FFS, I only downloaded some components last week and
>there was certainly no mention that it was going to be charged for!!
>
>Looks like Homeseer will be getting my business after all. I was
willing
>to support Autom8it and offer help in the near future, but it's nowhere
>near ready as a production system for even my moderatley basic needs.
>
>Off to uninstall a certain package from my system.
>
>--
>Calum Morrell
>www.drochaid.org
>

>Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=3D232617.3212172.4524785.2595810/D=3Degroupweb/S=3D=
17050419
>92:HM/A=3D1555962/R=3D0/*http:/shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?1800flow=
ers2+s
>hopping:dmad/M=3D232617.3212172.4524785.2595810/D=3Degroupweb/S=3D17050419=
92:HM/A=3D
>1555962/R=3D1/1051651009+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.1800flower=
s.co
>m/rmi-framed-url/http://www.1800flowers.com/cgi-bin/flowers/product.pl/MD0=
1e
>84aF3GROUPSHMYH/1202>
>

><http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=3D232617.3212172.4524785.2595810/D=3Degr=
oupmai
>l/S=3D:HM/A=3D1555962/rand=3D598084367>
>

>** UKHA2003 BE THERE! Details here:
>http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article.php3?story_id=3D1110
**
>http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
>Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx
>
>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
><http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
 Terms of Service.