Re: Re: Water flow sensor

I reckon there'd be no problem with the sensor detecting feet through a
plastic/fibreglass shower tray, (they are designed to operate through
plaster or ceramic tile) however, you'd need to put some sort of
timer/latching circuit in as well, because mounted just beneath your feet,
you'd be continually triggering the switch all time you were stood in the
shower tray...

Interesting strobe effect whilst in the shower may be some people's cup of
tea, but unfortunately my SWMBO tends not to approve....

Has potential though....

Paul G.

>From: "patricklidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxx>
>To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Water flow sensor
>Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 18:34:46 -0000
>

> > > P.S. IR beam-break inside the shower cubicle ?
> >
> > Another possible, although invisible solution would be best.
> >

>Inductive touch switch, with the sensor mounted under the bath/shower
>tray -- I reckon presence of feet would be more than enough to
>trigger it. Paul G. has done a lot of fiddling with these and might
>be able to comment further on viability.
>
>Patrick
>

>** UKHA2003 BE THERE! Details here:
>http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article.php3?story_id=1110
**