OT (a bit): ZoneMinder v0.9.11 Announcement

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: OT (a bit): ZoneMinder v0.9.11 Announcement
  • From: "Philip Coombes" <philip.coombes@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:18:12 +0100

Hi all,

I hope you don't mind this slightly off topic posting but I've not updated
the list with release announcements for the last couple of months so I
thought I'd bore you with it now and perhaps some of you mind find it
useful.

Anyway, this is to announce that the latest version of ZoneMinder is
available from http://www.zoneminder.com . To give a
brief background,
ZoneMinder is a Linux based Open Source (that means free!) video camera and
security application intended for use with one or more cameras, be they
pure
video, USB or even IP. It includes both the high performance capture and
analysis function along with a nice user friendly web based GUI from which
the whole application can be controlled. There is a highly configurable set
of options allowing you to specify motion detection parameters by the use
of
'zones' within your image. You can also set up filters to manage events,
including the ability to email or text you notifications of events that fit
defined parameters, including attaching images or videos to those
notifications.

Of particular interest to the HA community, and mostly why I'm posting
here,
is the ability to interface with X10 devices bidirectionally, allowing
events detected on video to control X10 lighting etc and also X10 PIRs or
other detectors to arm cameras or initiate recording and so on.

I won't post the precise list of changes in this version, rather you can
visit the site and view the README for details of it you're a bit lazy
(like
me) then just look at http://www.zoneminder.com/downloads/README-0.9.11.html
instead.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,

Phil,

ps. Yes I know the website is rubbish, I am going to redo it when I get
chance.