RE: X10 replacement ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: X10 replacement ?
  • From: "Ian Davidson" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 19:48:40 +0100

Hi Frank

>Had a quick look at  your stuff very impressive......Are you using your
own
>protocol  or     xPL or xAP ???... How about putting leds on the light
>switches like the C_Bus ones ???..also a dry contact interface for
other kit
>to interface to .... Also Rob ....Shane Harrision has did a lighting
system
>based on Linet Modules........

I just hope the finished product is as good as your FIRM units Frank.
The protocol is my own based around the SNAP protocol.  I do like Both
xPL and xAP and still watch both camps. At the time I decided on my
route, xAP was to heavy a protocol table.lamp.lounge etc was far to many
bytes for what I needed. It needed Speed and the increase in speed in
the electronics would then be reduced by the overhead of the extra bytes
required for direct xAP etc. However I do like the systems and at some
time I would like to see a xAp or xPL front similar to the HUB approach
but limiting messages on the mains to only those necessary.

I would like to make a 4 way switch unit which would fit into a one gang
box. The only requirement being mains supply. The switches could then be
lit and on each press the command could go directly to a lamp unit. Very
fast, the PC interface would also be able to track the commands or ask
the status at any time.

>Sorry if i missed it but  does it have Status feedback
Yep.

>Good Luck
Thank you

Ian D