RE: VFD Questions

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: VFD Questions
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 23:58:02 -0000

> I had mine in for repair..... they replaced the laser because
> it was on
> it's last legs and they mucked around with the disc loading
> mech a bit
> and cleaned it up..... they recommended wiping the edges of
> discs with
> windolene to remove grease etc, but I found this made the wee
> rubber bit
> that does the moving slip a *lot* more.

Mine doesn't seem to be able to tell when a disc is loaded or unloaded
at times ... Its favourite is to eject the disc and roll it back out
into the carousel but *KEEP* rolling it out so that it just rolls on and
on against the door.

It always then errors with a C32 error.

Phil

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx