Re: RE: Good news for Non BB users, Ip Telephony

Hi Dan,

I haven't actually used the lower bit rate codecs, I am blessed with
broadband.

The only explaination for the quatity that I can come up with is that G.711
is
poor quality anyway so more noticable. that's not a real explaination i
know
but it's all I can think of right now.. I'll be experimenting in the near
future, but
please remember I am NOT an expert in this, I'm learning lots each day...

Andy

On 14/03/2003 at 17:26 Dan wrote:

>Andy,
>
>From where did youi get lower bitrate codecs for SJPhone?
>I have tried to ask for G.729 codec from SJ Labs, but when trying to
>download, I get a page told me that I will receive an aknowledge from
them
>after verification.
>... but nothing for 3 days...
>
>Dan
>P.S. I have done some test between two Cisco 7960 IP phones using
several
>broadband lines (wireless, cable) and the three available codecs (G.711
>a-law, G.711 u-law and G.729) and the result was a little bit strange.
When