RE: Re: FW: [HOMEVIS] The coolest piece of hardware ever

> well, it seems to provide much more than just a webserver.

This is certainly true.

> The device's Product Brief shows a diagram with a fairly complete
protocol
> set, (certainly, UDP is there in the stack) and the embedded
controller has
> both memory and CPU cycles to spare for a simple application, such as
an xPL
> client. Lantronix seem to be calling it "web enabled" simply
for the
> buzz-word factor, and possibly to try to grab the "world's
smallest web
> server" title.. In essence though , it's just "ethernet in a
box"

It's as Patrick has already said very similar to a rabbit, a little
smaller, and without some of the IO capabilities.

> Single Unit price seems to be 45 USD, if you can find a distributor
who
> actually has stock to ship!! It seems this product isn't quite in full
> production yet, or not in quantity at distributors ay any rate.

I think it's a classic case of marketing getting ahead of the game.

> how much is a rabbit core with ethernet?

Depends which unit, and at what volume, but the 2200 is $55 for 1off.
However I can tell you that like the Wiznet developer software Ian Bird has
talked
about the developer software for X-Port is likely to be close to $1000, I
could of
course be proved wrong on this.

Regards

Stuart