Pogo description

I had a £79 pogo from cpw last week.

It has no external interfacing apart from the simm card, and mmc card slot.
You cant connect it to a pc to sync, it connects to pogouser.com to
syncronise its data.  Its operating system as far as I can see is Flash
(thats macromedia flash) so you would be able to develop for it.  One of
the
forums mentions that someone is developing an office suite for it.  It only
has diary and address book (as well as email + web browsing) aps on it (and
some flash games which you can add more to) and an mp3 player which works
>from
interface that you use to access your data on the web is the exact same one
that you see on the pogo with a couple of options disabled.  The touch
screen works well with the stylus which looks a bit hypodermic.  Its
horrible to use as a phone but I was bringing up web pages at pretty much
the same speed as my asdl on the pogo with gprs.

My friend got an orange pay as you go simm card and asked them to convert
it
to the virgin tariff, then he pays no standing charge for the phone
connection but less than £10 a month to use the gprs side of orange.  He
gets 5 meg of transfer a month but he's had it before christmas and is yet
to exceed it.  You obviously wont be downloading mp3s onto it via gprs but
all the web transfers are  compressed before they enter the gprs system so
you get several hundred pages for your 5 meg a month.

Hope this helps someone...

Matthew