Re: [OT] Acer AL712

Jon,

I'm using analogue. No DVI on my video card :-(

There are 3 sharpness settings on it. "Smoother" at one end,
"Sharper" at the other end and the
middle (default) option is not named. "Smoother" is horrible -
quite out of focus. The default is
marginally better than "Sharper".

I have 3 17" CRT monitors here, with the best CRT being of a pretty
good quality display (I do
notice these things). I'd rate the Acer LCD in second place for image
quality.

I've been using it continually since I had it - about 2.5 hours ago - and I
am happy with it.
Although, if a digital connection was going to improve matters, that would
be a nice bonus.

If I were to be picky with it, then I'd say that the top-left corner of the
screen is slightly
darker than the bottom-right. Text shows that the image isn't quite as
sharp as it could be, but
it's not bad.

Looking at photos on it (which I've done very briefly) the image looks
pretty good to me. But then,
I'm not a colour-phile IYSWIM. I'm much more interested in text display
quality.

On the whole, for what I paid, I think it's a good buy.

Paul