Re: Re: [TiVo] Extraction the easy way

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:01:46 -0000, "Stainton-James, Mark
(London)"
<stainmar@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>I am getting a bit confused now.
>
>Using Tytools version 6 I get 2 files.  One of these is an m2v file
that I
>can play directly without any intervention using any DVD player
software,
>this all works perfectly all of the time. Ie picture quality and sound
etc

Hmmm, that's interesting. The 2 files are the video (m2v) and audio
(m2a). Perhaps the s/w you use picks up the m2v and the m2a files as
one?

However I don't (yet) use TyTools6, and I pull out a TyStream file
which I then apply a separate utility to it to demux it into the .m2v
and .m2a files.

>Using DVD2AVI to create a d2v file, that I then put through TMPENC
gives me
>a very odd shapped picture and no sound.  Presumably I need to get the
>tmpenc settings right and presumably strip the audio from the m2v file
and
>put it back on the video again with TMPENC ???

What you need is an AVISynth script file which tells TMPGEnc to use
the audio and video files, accounting for any required time delay.
This script file additionally marks the segments of the original file
to include, thus cutting out adverts. My script adds a few seconds of
darkness right at the end for neatness too.

I then load the .AVS file into TMPGEnc, select the correct source
aspect ratio for the programme (either 4:3 625line PAL or 16:9 625line
PAL) and let it rip (for a few hours).

This recodes the MPEG2 data into SVCD format bitrates.

This is just one way of solving the problem, as I know that Don's
method is rather different from my own. But both work fine :)

>Is there an easier onclick approach to converting the m2v file ???

Well it's far from oneclick as I have 6 icons on my desktop that do
the job, but I can do it on autopilot now, which is almost the same :)

Stuart
--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

stuart@xxxxxxx

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx