Re: SLIMP3 email notification

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:07:51 -0000, "Ward, David"
<David.Ward@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>I've just been asked by a freind who is :-)))))))))) with his shiny new
>SLIMP3 if
>there is a plugin available to display a notification message of
incomming
>email.

As Mark mentioned earlier, there are. I've written one part of this,
but it's *very* early on that. I only wrote it on Monday evening!!

>Couldn't see anything on the Slimdevices site but I do recall seeing a
>mention of xAP and SLIMP3 here so thought I'd ask before we go down the
>'merry' route of outlook plugins and UDP messages :-/

If you're thinking UDP messages, you're already thinking of xAP.
xAP's perfect for this kind of thing.

Here I think you'd need some widget for Outlook or whatever that
detects incoming email and sends out new email notifications as xAP
messages. I personally don't have this kind of capability myself yet
but others likely do.

These email notification messages could then be picked up, repackaged
and sent out as OnScreenDisplay notifications to such devices as
TiVo's, other computers, even TTS announcers and the like. In this
particular case we could send out a message to a SliMP3 telling it
what to display.

A final xAPp, a SliMP3 xAP Connector, will know what to do with the
SliMP3 display xAP messages, resulting in an output appearing on the
Slim's display.

It's the last part I've sort of written but it isn't finished yet.

Stuart
--
Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

http://www.xapframework.net/
   stuart@xxxxxxx

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx