RE: Re: [TiVo] Extraction the easy way

Not really an answer to the 2 Gb problem, but I thought I=92d let people
know some of my experiences.=20

=20

I wanted an easy, minimal mouse clicks solution to getting a program off
the tivo and onto DVD. I have found the slowest part of the process
tends to be the re-encoding from tivo -> dvd format. It also suffers
>from
used).The better the final quality the slower the process.=20

=20

So I was surprised to find that my friends DVD player would play a file
taken from the tivo, at highest quality, extracted to mpeg and burnt to
a dvd-r without any authoring, ie an mpeg in the root directory. The
player is a mirror MIRR110, and was bought from staples for about =A370
before Christmas. I just bought one of these online and can repeat the
results. I have a number of files burnt to dvd as straight mpegs, and
the player simply creates a menu of the root file system allowing you to
select the file you want. I=92m not sure what happens if the files go over
the 2GB limit, as I only have =BD hour shows. The quality is as per the
original tivo recording and no re-encoding is done. The only minor
problem seems to be with the fast forward/rewind, with isn=92t smooth, but
goes in bursts.=20

=20

This for me is the perfect solution as I don=92t want to spend time
authoring/re-encoding shows, simply extract and burn to get a playable
disc. If you want to edit out the adverts use
tytool/vsplitmux2/gopeditor4 combination - adds about 5 mins to the
process and you=92ve cut the adverts.

=20

Will keep you posted on my progress.

=20