RE: Vinyl WAS ... Colour LCD with Touchscreen

well given Im a vinyl junkie as well id agree with you, the problem with
some modern pressings to vinyl is they use the original cd master tapes
which invariably leads to two problems:

i. a doubling up of analogue artifacts as many cd masters introduce
hiss/humm to make it sound more vinyl like (see Oasis - Whats the story
morning glory for an example of a terrible press to vinyl)

ii. compression of the audio range to sound great on crappy midi systems,
hence too much bass and no mid-range.

that's primarily for non-dance recordings given most club classics are
still
recorded purely for vinyl (blackmarket.co.uk for those who like that sort
of
thing)

simplyvinyl.com do fantastic re-pressings of classic albums and singles, if
you cant be bothered to go trawl through haggle vinyl on essex road,
islington (hagglevinyl.com) ;-)

thanks
kieran

p/s how wildly off-topic was this mail.....