New Member replies to own c**kup Re: Re: Fuji Pads...

*PLONK*

Hi,

Since I've just publicly made a fool of myself, I might as well say hello.

I discovered this forum not *quite* in time, since I only dropped 2 CAT 5
into my new kitchen (for a Rio RX). And even worse, there's no CAT5 in the
bathroom (since I did that a few years ago). And no chance of ceiling
speakers either. :-(

However, on the upside, the rest of the house is pretty much an open book,
especially since the whole front of the house has to be de/re-plastered for
damp-proofing. A fine excuse to make a mess chasing walls I say.

Currently re-wiring upstairs lighting back to a star point to allow gradual
introduction of X10, and whilst I'm about it stuffing in as much other
cabling as I can think of. Since it's a solid stone walled house of 1850's
construction I'm very lucky to have the assistance of a local electrician
with relevant experience on how to get wires around the place. (Yes, I am
taking some pictures.)

As you can see below, I am already fully committed to passing over the
lifelong contents of my bank account in the search of better gadgetry.

Thanks for kind answers to questions I have posted so far, I hope that in
some areas I may render reciprocal assistance.

And please excuse idiot mode below.

regards,

David