From: Rob Mouser [mailto:rmouser@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 March 2003 09:08
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] So cool!

I've got a Speakercraft Easy 6 (www.speakercraft.com). Its basically an
IR driven Pre-amp, which then drives 6 individual power amps for each
zone.
It actually works REALLY well and because of its pre-amp design I have
lots of flexibility in terms of powering zones.
The IR zoning always works faultlessly (I am using xantech transmitters
and receivers with it.)

Sounds like I need to talk to Frank (Are you listening Frank :-))
The Easy 6 actually has the ability to accept a second IR input (Via is
RJ45 port.) and has a pass through for the audio inputs for attaching
say another Easy6 or a AV Amp. There's a pdf of the manual on the
speakercraft site.

Had a reply from Speakercraft (Who BTW are VERY helpful) on the IR
expansion issue but just have not had time to implement and to be honest
didn't fully understand the use of 'diodes' (I get a little hazy when
people talk about soldering irons :-)) I've copied it below:

---------------------------
It would be possible to drive the IR zone data lines through the RJ45
data port ... but not with an ordinary single zone (multiple emitter)
connecting block. To preserve IR routing, a 6 (or more) output IR router
would be necessary (Xantech RT8).

Six of the IR router outputs would be connected to the 6 IR lines in the
RJ45 jack (pin-out attached). IR router commands from an IR receiver in
the home theatre room would, when macroed with the A/V receiver's source
commands, select the desired source and control it through the EZ6.

If you are not concerned with routing, you could diode connect (diode
isolate)
6 outputs from a single zone connecting block (Xantech 791-44) and
connect them to the same 6 pins on the Ez6 RJ45 jack. (Diode isolation
is needed to prevent cross-feed between zones on the Ez6).
--------------------------

My aim is to eventually be able to control my multiroom via the c-bus
c-touch screens. Haven't really decided on how I will interface between
c-bus and IR as yet as there is more than one way I could go.

Many thanks

Rob Mouser
rmouser@xxxxxxx
rob@xxxxxxx