RE: Xbox Mods/Dashboards

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Xbox Mods/Dashboards
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 14:14:56 -0000

Good timing!

Just persuaded my son to get an xbox for his birthday :-)

Is it advisable to mod it with Xecuter2 Lite and run Mediaplayer as the
dashboard without screwing up the ease of use or standard functionality.

I don't want to spoil his birthday present.

Cheers
Don

"Microsoft", so it
seems
> my
> hit
> and miss soldering worked :)
>
> I presume the next step is to get evoX or some such dashboard on there
> from
> CD-RW or DVR-R/RW?
> (Leaving aside the fact that all buring software hangs on my machine
ATM
> :-(
> )
>
> What is the best dashboard to get and which version?  There seems to
be a
> million verions of evox/evolutionX (are they the same thing) and
neXgen
> out
> there.
>
> The main reason for modding is to run xboxmediaplayer to stream audio
and,
> maybe, video over the net (maybe I won't need that SLiMP3 after
all...),
> so
> it's whatever works best with that....
>
> Also, are there any other "cool" uses of a hacked xbox ppl
are aware
of?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UKHA_Grouplists/

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/