Re: OT: NTSC VCR....?

Phil Harris wrote:

>Nope ... They'll all output PAL60. I had a similar problem with an NTSC
>only rear projection set that I had ... I needed a standards convertor
>that I could just stick in line and forget about so it had to take PAL,
>NTSC *AND* PAL60! As sson as I needed PAL60 support the cost of the
>standards convertor more than doubled as it's not a valid video
>standard.

Curses! Was that a digital converter on an analogue one? I'm working on
the assumption that :-

Name         Colours      Frequency
PAL            PAL          50
NTSC         NTSC       60
PAL60        PAL          60

So if I analogue convert the PAL60 signal into NTSC colours, I'll have a
proper NTSC signal.... or is that wrong as well?

>It isn't ... As long as you don't start throwing in the bastard format
>that is PAL60 - which should have been killed at conception.

I won't argue with you there!

--
Doogie

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx