From: Rob Mouser [mailto:rmouser@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 08 March 2003 22:53
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] maplin speaker cable

Firstly the disclaimer:
"Audio is subjective and some people are more 'in-tune' to differences
than others :-)"

I've wired my barn with over 300m of QED 79 strand, which is at the
upper end of such cables (80-90p a metre.) I'm no audiophile but I know
what I like and did a few tests with a few cables before I wired and was
more than happy with what 79 strand produces. I tested against some of
the Gale cables (AKA Richer Sounds) and could find no marked improvement
in quality using ceiling mount speakers.

What I don't know is how much better the QED stuff is compared to the
Maplins/CPC offerings.

HTH.

Rob