RE: [OT] - killing a windows process?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] - killing a windows process?
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <steve@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 19:28:39 -0000

I presume you're talking about the COM interface. The only real option
is to use late binding.

1. Remove the reference to Homeseer

2. Change all the declarations to Homeseer COM classes to 'Object'

3. Instantiate Homeseer using either CreateObject or GetObject, not New

You'll lose Intellisense, because VB no longer knows what the types are,
but since you've already written the code, it's less of an issue.

I have to say, I'm really glad that I've given up VB and VC++ in favour
of C#.

Steve

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx