Re: Whole House Audio over Telephon line?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Whole House Audio over Telephon line?
  • From: "the_home_automator" <db@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 18:29:30 -0000

OK

You are driving a line in of a hifi amp from a speaker socket.  This
will work moderately well.  The pluses are that the speaker drive
will be of low impedence, and the signal level high, so interference
pickup will be minimial.  Hwever, the minus is the signal is
unbalanced, and also there is a possiility of earth loops.  If your
hifi amp is double insulated (two core mains lead) you probably wont
bump ito this problem.

Yes, you can drive more amplfiers xpanding your system, for he
reasons outlined above.

Ideally, you want line level balanced audio distribution, step
forward Mr Doxey, http://www.kat5.tv

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, james.ingham@o... wrote:
> > I don't use the Telephone cabling in my house for anything as I
only use my
> > mobile phone (my e-mail address should explain so seeing as there
are
> telephone sockets in most rooms, I thought it would be a good way of
> distributing audio throughout the house (!).....
> I've successfully taken the headphone out from my desktop PC and
connected it to
> one BT socket and connected the line in on the amp in my living
room to the BT
> socket in there, and all works nicely (sound quality not too bad
> either!!)...However, I want to start plugging amps in my kitchen
and bedroom
> into the BT sockets there too.....naiive question I know but if I'm
driving 3
> (possibly 4) amps (using line in) from the headphone socket of my
PC, am I going

*********
> Important.
> Confidentiality: This communication is intended for the above-named
person and
> may be confidential and/or legally privileged. Any opinions
expressed in this
> communication are not necessarily those of the company. If it has
come to you
> in error you must take no action based on it, nor must you copy or
show it to
> anyone; please delete/destroy and inform the sender immediately.
>
> Monitoring/Viruses
> Orange may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with
current
> legislation.  Although we have taken steps to ensure that this
email and
> attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with
good
> computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually
virus free.

> Orange PCS Limited is a subsidiary of Orange SA and is registered
in England No
> 2178917, with its address at St James Court, Great Park Road,
Almondsbury Park,