From: Pedro de Oliveira [mailto:p.oliveira@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 2:47 PM
To: 'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'
Subject: [ukha_d] OT - Electronics question

Hi

I have a lamp in a pot with plants that is switched on/off and dimmed by
touching the plants/leaves in a pot. I really like this idea of being able
to touch something and have it switch on but would like to extend this to
other areas.  Does anyone know how this touch switch works? I am trying to
switch 12v and would like to do this by touch. Does anyone know how I would
do this or if someone sells a gizmo that I connect to the thing I want to
touch and the gizmo switches the load?

I know this all sounds a bit weird but I think it would be useful in all
sorts of areas.

Cheers
Pedro