RE: Anyone automated a cooker timer?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Anyone automated a cooker timer?
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:19:15 -0000

> Could you implement the timer function outside the cooker such that an
> external device e.g. Homevision etc. does the timing function and
plays
> the announcement ? Alternatively, find a device that will set an
output on
> expiration of the timer and interface it to one of the doorbell or
paging
> inputs on your Kustom unit ?

The problem is not a programming one, more how to integrate with a timer
*THAT SWITCHES MAIN CURRENT* and one of heat! If the cable to connect
touches the oven casing that casing will regularly hit 200C and in a
pyro oven go a hell of a lot higher than that.

Trust me, I've thought about it as I cook, use the timer an awful lot
and have HV but there is no *safe* way to do this TBH. I would love to
do it but I'm not prepared to risk it.

Another thing to bear in mind is that no manufacturer supplies any
internal spares for clock/timer units so if you blow it start counting
at about =A380-90 for a new one and it only gets worse from there!

If you do go tampering with the clock, don't say I didn't warn you! ;)

K.

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20