RE: The missing groups will NOT be restored

Paul,

>From the reponse I've had so far, I doubt it.

>From the xAP perspective, I've had a couple of kind offers from people
who have
the messages from the various groups archived locally.

Again, from the xAP perspective, we're trying to concentrate on getting a
lot
of the stuff that WAS documented on the list properly available on the site
for
everyone to see.

We have, in fact, set up an alternative list for xAP, but were not going to
announce it until we'd got clarity from Yahoo! as to whether the old list
would
be reinstated.

I have just spoken to Mark McCall, and he is making arrangements for a new
TiVo
group to be set up. Unfortunately, it isn't possible to give it the same
name
as the old one.

The saddest loss is, however, the group membership list. I would strongly
recommend that any List owners and indeed co-moderators take periodic
backups
of their member database.

Regards,

Mark

Quoting Paul <groups@xxxxxxx>:

> Mark,
>

> Do you think a 'mass petition' from the members of these groups would
> help?
>

> It might at least show that there are a number of people unhappy with
> them?
>

> Paul.

getting on
> tuesday.
>
> I'm not sure what I'm meant to have done, but my ISP has confirmed
> that they've had HUGE problems bouncing messages from you, and
> (unless I've been hacked) I've certainly not done anything naughty.
>
> I'm actually more worried about the Groups I owned, all of which seem
> to have vanished. Some have several hundred members, and several
> alternative moderators. Any chance of re-enabling those groups and
> transferring them over to one of the other moderators??? (Stuart
> Poulton and Mark McCall are probably the two people who co-mod most.)
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.2994396.4323964.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=1705