Re: X10 433 MHz RF -> PC receiver

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 23:45:16 +0000, you wrote:

>Before I reach for the box-o-PICs, is anyone aware of a device which
>plugs into a PC and receives 433 MHz RF X10 directly? I'm thinking,
like
>the MR26, but at 433 MHz.

My UK 433MHz MR26E works very well and came from Lets Automate. I use
it with Misterhouse on Linux via a dedicated 9W serial port.

By using different housecodes you can use software to bridge keypads
directly, but only trigger macros from MS13E PIRs thus avoiding the
pain of the dusk/dawn sensor triggering unwanted X10 addresses.

All my RF gear is UK spec (SS13, KR19, HR10, MS13E, etc), and the only
thing that has given any grief is the X10 All-in-1 RF Remote that
seems slow to transmit codes compared to the previous model.

>I say again, 433 MHz, boys and girls.

Message received and understood, over!

James

James
---
James Derrick
james@xxxxxxx, Cramlington, England
Beyond the Horizon of the place we lived when we were young,
In a World of Magnets and Miracles. Pink Floyd.

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx