RE: comfort fitting

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: comfort fitting
  • From: "Dean Smith" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 19:54:53 -0000

I haven't seen it described as a 24hr loop before, the comfort manual
describes it as "dual End Of Line (EOL) resistors".

Essentially 1 resistor (value A) is in the circuit all the time, with a
second (value B)across the contacts of the sensor. This allows comfort to
determine 4 states for the sensor instead of two and therefore detect
cablecuts/tampering i.e.

1) Short Circuit = Fault/Error
2) Resistance of Value A = Sensor contacts closed
3) Resistance of A + B = Sensor contacts Open
4) Open Circuit = Cable cut/fault

I was under the impression it was reasonably common on "good"
alarms - but
could well be wrong.

Of course you dont have to add the resistors to existing sensors, Comfort
has jumper sensors for each zone(input) to determine if they're installed.

Dean