RE: Re: Home Security ?

I have not used ACE so can't comment on how good or bad it is but the
cost of it was too much for me.=20
I use IIS which comes with Win2k or XP Pro as standard as my webserver.
You can create webpages which show the status of X10 devices, control
them using buttons, call Homeseer events etc all using ASP. I can see
what Comfort is doing but not control it. That is what the phone dialler
is for!
I use the $30 plugin for MS Media Player 9 to stream MP3s from my
homeseer server. I send X10 commands from to change the playlists (ie M5
on  =3D Stream 5 Live from Wavefinder, M5 off =3D play michaels playlist).
Much like everything in HA, my system suits my needs.=20
=A383 for Homeseer.=20
=A3122 for CWI software

There is not really much difference in terms of cost (especially when
you add in the cost of the MP3 plugin for Homeseer), but I already had
Homeseer for $40 so the difference was much greater. I will retract my
"Much Cheaper" statement!!
I also like to have My webpages designed badly my myself!

Hope this helps

Michael