Re: Cat Scarers ?

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Gareth Cook <g@u...> wrote:
> All
>
> Does any one know of any cat scarer electronic units that are any
good ?

> Preferably be able to runoff  mains (i suppose if batteries only
then i
> can get a transformer)
> prefer not to have a PIR - in fact, id like it running 24 hrs a
day, at
> full whack, scaring any fekking cat for the next 10 miles

I got one a few years back from Magenta electronics :-

http://www.magenta2000.co.uk/kits/867.htm

Pretty easy to build, and also has options for extra slave units.

It pulses at random intervals which seems to be more effective than
continuously blasting out a signal.

When I was testing it I had it on an extension lead from the house
and switched it on when a cat came into the garden.  The reaction was
quite dramatic - the cat was definitely upset and couldn't figure out
what was causing it.  After a few seconds looking around it scarpered
pretty sharpish :)

David P.

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx