From: Stephen [mailto:mail@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 04 March 2003 10:25
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] (ot) dns

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003 15:55:34 -0000, you wrote:

>The content of web pages always takes a little time to load - even if
they
>are on the same PC as the browser - and some more complex ones can take
>longer so the question really is one of are you experiencing extra
delays
>than would be anticipated. Hard thing to quantify this but a good test
is to
>use a premium web site that is quite local to your network provider.
For
>example with NTL you could try www.bbc.co.uk <http://www.bbc.co.uk/> .

Sorry for the delay in replying, I had to find out the answers to your
questions.

512 connection via TeleWest.  Any settings made by the engineer who
installed it. The BBC web site does within seconds.

I suppose that I was expecting it to be instantaneous. Having never
witnessed cable, I had unrealistically high expectations! I guess I
was thinking of when I was at university and their ultra fast
connections!

Much faster than my 56k though ;(

Thanks for your help.