Re: Husband Automation ?

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Alex Monaghan" <ha@m...> wrote:
> SWMBO wishes to have an automation mechanism for me !
>
> What I'm looking at is a 4 way intercom system, (Kitchen, Office,
Garage &
> SWMBO's work room), the idea being that any station can call any
other
> station.

Buy a PABX. They can be had second hand from the back of Exchange &
Mart, or new from the likes of Solwise. I imagine they also turn up
>from
sure you have you are able to source configuration and installation
instructions - it isn't always obvious; also avoid systems which
require a keyphone/feature phone (BT Ambassador, IIRC, is the most
common system which falls into this trap/category).

If you only have one phone line to your house, you can get away with
a 1+4 (1 exch, 4 extensions) configuration. Multiple phones can be
run off one extension, but they will all ring when that extension is
dialled. 2+8 is also a common configuration, 2 exchange lines and 8
extensions. These can invariably also be configured to operate in a
1+8 configuration if required.

Patrick