X10 Motion Sensors

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: X10 Motion Sensors
  • From: "Malcolm Surgenor" <malcolm@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 23:10:28 -0000

I spent a fruitful afternoon making up metal brackets for all my X10 motion
sensors so that I could position them better by angling them to where I
wanted - other than the standard flat against the wall.  Unfortunately I
discovered after I'd made them and remounted them that because they were
the
full size of the back of the sensor unit they effectively blocked all
signals being sent back to my W800RF32/HomeSeer set up. Once I'd reduced
the
back to just a small strip across the screw holes they worked perfectly. I
have to admit that I'm really impressed with the range of the W800RF32 (
http://www.wgldesigns.com/w800rf32a.html
).

Malcolm