[OT] Ipaq Brick

Just made my Ipaq into a brick!!
Was installing the UPDATE 1 on my 3850 and I got an error message. Left
it for 5 mins and nothing happened so I had to reboot. Lots of missing
files!!! I( can't autosync at all. I have tried to copy the ROM file
over to the iPaq using a CF card. It copies OK but won't run!!
Any ideas before I send it back to Compaq ?? Is there a windows\system
directory on the Ipaq (I only have Windows) - I may be able to copy over
the SYS directory using a CF card to get it up and running.

Michael