Re: IR mini emitters and Sky+ box

Sounds as if the Xantech reciever is too sensitive. By aiming the
remote in a different direction you are effectively reducing the
power of the IR signal.

Tivo has a powerful remote and the Tivo itself is very sensitive.

In my lounge the TV is in front of me ( obviously !!!) but Tivo is
are the side of the room in an alcove, level with my shoulder.

Tivo always picks up the signals even though the remote is pointing
at the TV but sometimes the TV doesnt!

Try repositioning the IR receiver so that it is not picking up direct
IR but reflected of something else to weaken the received signal.

If it is to strong there is a possibility that the signal is getting
corrupted and therefore not being understood rather that the problem
being the strength of IR received by Tivo.

Keith

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "the_home_automator <db@e...>"
<db@e...> wrote:
> I have exctly the same experience.
>
> Xantech filtered receive, buffalo drivers, and IR "mouse"
emitter
on
> front of TiVo. TiVo is unnder stairs, and said emitter is he only
IR

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx