Re: ds1820 temperature sensors and epoxy question

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: ds1820 temperature sensors and epoxy question
  • From: "the_home_automator <db@xxxxxxx>" <db@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 20:37:45 -0000

Ahhh... heatshrink, one of my favorite materials.

Most of the srinkage is in terms of diameter.  You'll often see it
quoted as diameter before and diameter after shrinking.

Available in a vast range of colours and sizes, and also some
varieties have a meltable adhesive on the inside, which makes for
great waterproof sealing.

As to the tool; a hot air gun is in my experience the tool of choice,
but you need one with continuous heat control.  Experiment to find a
stting which causes hrinkage to ocur within a few seconds of
aplicaion.

My lovery many year old variable heat black and decker expired a few
months back; I'm now using a Power Devil thing which I think cost 16
quid from Macro.  Its very "agricultral" compared to the B&D,
but at
a fifth of the price I'm not complaining, it works entirely
adequately.

David.

Heat srink tip - label your cables - print up lables on your inkjet,
and place them under clear heatshrink to permanently label the cable.