Re: Re: ds1820 temperature sensors and epoxy question

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:49:38 -0000, you wrote:

>Araldite should be fine.
>But you might be better off using heatshrink tubing. It's look nicer,
>and is easier to work with.

Hello again,

I was looking into this heat shrink but I have never used it before.
Where is best to get it from? CPC? I saw some on their web site but it
says to heat to 120C to get it to shrink. How do you do this? Won't
that damage the ic?

What do you do cut twice as much off as you will need? Does it shrink
to half its width or half its length? For a transistor (well
transistor like ic in this case), what diameter tubing will I require?

Thanks,