RE: Pictures man, Pictures!, WAS : Cat 5 sockets ADVERT

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Pictures man, Pictures!, WAS : Cat 5 sockets ADVERT
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:29:34 -0000

> Hi Des
>             Nice pics..........
>
> Your mains cable doesnt look very big??

I havn't checked yet to see what size of supply is there, will do
eventually
:0 Biggest priority now is making a few rooms habitable for next Wednesday,
Yikes.

> I take it the box sinker did those nice neat holes in the
> wall........? Does
> a nice job..........Expensive??

Yup, the famous Screwfix box sinker, made by this company :-
http://www.armeg.com/index.html
you can contact them to see if there is a
local stockist. Relatively expensive, say around 300 of your bucks! But for
me it is a long term investment.

> Plenty of room up in the attic is that going to be node 0...?

It is, I am running cables to one corner, and will worry about terminating
them after the heating and water gets sorted out :)

> I take it central heating is all the go now ....

Pretty unusual to find a house without central heating in the UK. I was
amazed that most house in NZ didn't have CH at all.

I remember helping my Da
> (plumber) do central heating in a pub in Portadown.....The old fella
that
> was doing the chippie work spend most of the time smoking cigars and
> drinking whiskey he found in one of the cupboards and trying to entice
the
> othe tradies into doing the same.;-))

LOL!

> Previously when wiring solid brick houses i have used these mesh
plates
> which are nailed to the wall with a hole knocked out in the wall first
and
> then just reder over the plate....Such thing in the UK??

Not that I have come across.

> Looks approx the same size as aussie wall boxes ..is it ????

I can measure one if you want? I know the lightswitch boxes are completely
different.

> >Time is against me, and I still need to replace the CH system
> and decorate
> >in errrr 6 days, lol!
>
> You need the Backyard Blitz People to help you ;-))

A lot of people would concur that I do need help ;)

> Installing an Alarm system  ???? decided on a lighting system

Havn't found a suitable alarm panel yet, still looking.

Cbus is the main contender, but waiting to see what happens with the Xap
connector before I decide.

> Good Luck

Cheers, I need all the luck I can get :)

Des.

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx