OT: Seti team update (finally some decent stats)

At last the Setiatwork site has got their comparison tables up again
and we can now see how our team is doing against others.

This link http://www.setiatwork.com/cgi-bin/compare_teams.cgi?
id=159341&type=0 shows that we are in 1268th place out of all teams.
However we have an average daily rate of 133 which means that we will
move up the table pretty quickly, probably gaining about 6 places
over the next week.

The next link http://www.setiatwork.com/cgi-bin/compare_teams.cgi?
id=159341&type=4 shows that in terms of club teams we are in 611th
place and it looks like we'll gain another couple of places during
the week.

As for individual performances, there have been a few place changes
since my last post. I never did get past James, as soon as I got
within 20 units he commissioned a few more machines and roared away
>from
of me. However I did finally make the top ten passing terran and
Kenneth Watt. Ken was also passed by terran as both of them picked up
their 750 unit certificates. Pedro has just hit 3000 units, so he
should soon be in the top 1% world wide and Graham Kiff went past
1500 units. GarethCook still moves on towards his 25000 certificate
which he should get at the beginning of April.

As a reminder, anyone who would like to join the team can find us
here http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_159341.html.

Finally, as some of you may be aware, the Seti project will be coming
to an end and in it's place will be something called BOINC. This will
have the major advantage of allowing people to dedicate their
processing power to different projects including ET and Cancer
Research whilst still being part of the same statistics. As soon as
BOINC becomes available I will be switching to it and creating a UKHA
team, with luck we can then have both the ET searchers and Cancer
beaters working together to a higher table position.

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx