RE: Wiring LW11G

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Wiring LW11G
  • From: "Alex Monaghan" <ha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:29:44 -0000

Assuming the original cable is free to move and there's no major
obstructions, I've found that if you strip all the insulation off and very
tightly join the 2 bits of cable, then use some insulation tape to keep the
whole lot together, follow this by a gentle & controlled tug and you've
got
a 2 core in you hand and a 3 core in the wall. I've been able to pull all
the cables I've needed through, you may not be as fortunate. Normally the
run will be fairly straight and you should have no problem as long as you
can get access to both ends of the run.

The only issues I've had have been where the switch has been moved sideways
>from
fortunately this was in the kitchen and the wall tile lifted with no
problem
so I could gain access to the original end of the cable run.

If you're paranoid, then for additional peace of mind you might want to run
a length of string (taped to the join you made earlier), so if the cables
do
become separated then you'll at least have the string ready to have another
attempt at getting the cable through :-)